I just wanted to write a bit about an experience today. The class I was in - 8th grade math - was working on solving two step equations. Some of them were struggling. The adults in the room were all roaming around and helping where appropriate. I helped one boy get to the answer himself, and then watched him do the next problem to be sure he had it down - and then said I was going to move on. He gave me the most sincere 'thank you'! It was so rewarding and, in essence, the reason I want to teach. Not for the thank you - but for knowing that I helped make a difference in that boys understanding of what he was struggling to learn. A very similar response was given from another boy not five minutes later.
I just wanted to blog this so that on those days there are no 'thank you's' or I feel I have not made a difference, I can remember this and be inspired to keep plugging on - it is making a difference!
Playful Math Blog Carnival 186: Math Stories
4 weeks ago
No comments:
Post a Comment